In this video training, you will get to see in action 13 unique cases that cover a gamut of various extraction scenarios. After this training, you will look at the entire extraction process differently, and will have the tools you need to successfully perform the techniques skillfully on Monday morning!
Within these cases, you will master:
- Minimally invasive extraction techniques with ease
- The importance of focusing on the roots for clean and straightforward extractions
- The concept of why “less flaps” = accelerated and less painful healing process
- Most Importantly, how by slowing down, it actually allows you to finish faster, allowing more space on your schedule, and increasing your production!
The training includes these topics:
- The value and impact behind keeping extractions “in-house”
- Setting the stage and creating an ideal oral environment for future implants
- Understanding of instrumentation: more toys does not always equal higher success rates
- Deciphering between productive cases and those that weigh down the schedule
- Previous root canal therapy does NOT have to be an automatic referral!
- Maneuvering patient communication comfortably before and after procedures.
- Troubleshooting for when primary anesthesia isn’t working
- Techniques that will keep your surgical extraction time at 15 minutes!
The 13 Clinical Procedures Include these Extraction Scenarios:
- Intact teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
- Fractured teeth
- Endodontically treated teeth
- Roots only
- Fractured roots
- Identify a minimal armamentarium for performing efficient extractions
- Understand a different way to think about the extraction process to make difficult extractions more predictable
- Determine what to do when the patient doesn’t get numb from the initial injection
- Understand which instruments to use and in what order
- Identify when it’s time to use the surgical handpiece
- Learn a predictable process for dealing with root tips
Aaron Nicholas DDS is a practicing dentist and international speaker with over 30 years of experience. He graduated from the University of Maryland Dental School. He is the founder and CEO of Monday Morning Dentistry, Smile Protection Dental Plan, The Dental Assistant School of Maryland, and Nicholas Dental Care. He is a frequent guest on dental podcasts including, The Dentalprenuer, The Relentless Dentist, Dentists, Implants and Worms and The Better Dentistry Podcast.
Attendees will receive 3 hours of Self Instruction CDE under AGD code 310.
There are no prerequisites for this course and it is designed for General Dentists at all levels of practice.
Location: Online Portal